Labor Day Classic 2009

Friday, June 5, 2009

Fans Thought from Ticats .ca

Here fan thoughts on day 1 :
"not much to report on Cobb. He didn't really stand out to me.

As mentioned, #34 Allard-Cameus actually stood out a lot more. #77 may have good hands, but his route running really needs some work.

Here's my take. My boyfriend and I went.

# 2-Currie was the absolute standout. He runs amazing routes, has good speed and can catch. Zemaitis could tell you how fast he is since he burned Zemaitis at least twice.

#18-Ball made a few good catches and also ran some good routes.

#11-Matlock (I'm sure he's heard every lawyer joke there is). Very intense. Good coverage and hits like a truck.

#37-Patek was a little shaky to start, but had a nice interception and some good coverage

#47-the other Chris Davis- looked good in coverage and can hit.

#65 Rottier-Great lateral movement, good hands.

#90 Bolden-Broke through on the weak side in scrimmages great off the line, good explosive power and quick.

#22-Got burned a few times by Currie, but after some corrections from Coach Hagins he picked it up and was quite physical.

#45 Matt Castelo, also big and quick.

#72 Manley II-Seemed shorter than I thought he would be but he's built like a tank. Pretty quick and powerful.

As for QB's Porter is still clearly head and shoulders about the rest. I was a little disappointed by Boltus and man is Glenn short..lol. It was fun to watch Khari put them through the paces. It looked like he was teaching them to dance. My boyfriend thinks we'll seem them on Dancing with the Stars in the near future lol.

I saw Siskowic and it looks like he's trimmed down some from last year. A few vets were there and Rodriguez has a pretty scary looking beard going on. :D

I forgot to mention Darcy Brown. He's much bigger than I thought. He had some trouble holding onto the ball, but he's strong and has some speed.
________________________________________________________________
BG, great recap on what happened this morning... Next time you go make sure you come over to the center field seats 2nd or 3rd row, usually seat 7,8,or 9 LMAO(where I always sit) and say hi. My self, OnKnight, and DiEhArD_CaTsFaN, all had a good chat after...

I guess I won't have to go into detail much after BG's post(she pretty much nailed it!) so I will just touch up on some stuff that really stood out...

Offense

#18 - David Ball - This guy looks like we might have a new stud receiver, and its only day one. When you look back at my post on who to keep an eye on, I said... "I'm looking forward to watching him haul in some crazy catches in training camp" you heard it here first! and I called it... lol. The catches he was making out there were UNREAL!! to say the least! His routes are sharp, his hands are like glue! and he adjusts to the ball(no pun intended) unlike anyone out there. I am really looking forward to watching him some more... He might make forgetting about JoJo being gone a lot easier, He is with out a doubt the best receiver in rookie camp so far.

#2 - Airese Currie - This guy is a burner! send him on a fly or fade route and he gets a good 5-8 yards of separation on anyone(rookies in camp).

As for Cobb, oski-oui-oui, he was running and returning the ball well. But ask him to catch it and there were problems... He was adjusting terribly, completely turning to the wrong shoulder. It was ugly... Sorry :(

Like BG said, the running back who was looking really good was #34 - Allard-Cameus, he seemed to find all the holes and made some very nice cuts and runs.. One run he pulled off a huge 15-20 yarder, you may say big deal, but keep in mind when the defense touches the ball carrier with 2 hands the play is over.

Oh and that Aaron Fairooz ....... Freakishly tall(6'6"!!!!) with very nice hands! It looks like he is jogging out there, but when each step of his is reaching about 3 yards or 1 of his steps are equal to 2 and a half steps for other receivers he doesn't need to run... :lol: :lol:

Defense

The players who really stood out to me were...

#11 - Melvin Matlock - He jammed this one guy on the line so hard the guy ate the turf and looked pretty embarrassed to get back up... lol.

#22 - Alan Zemaitis - After his little miscue(as BG so kindly noted) he went into lock down mode... in the scrimmage drills I think one receiver caught a ball out of a hand full of attempts. The other receivers either got jammed at the line really good or ended up face down with a ball whizzing over their heads..

#37 - Jacob Patek - He's listed as a linebacker but could easily play DB or safety... He recorded the morning's ONLY interception, and made a beautiful knockdown on a corner route by a slot receiver... He looks to be one of the early camp keepers...

Other Notables/Disappointments

#65 - Simeon Rottier - Very strong first practice! In the one on one drills he dominated a couple defensive lineman and had the coach screaming "That'a Boy!" and patting him on the shoulder pads.

#8 LaShaun Ward - To be brutally honest... I honestly do not know why he is even on the same field with these guys.. In the drills when told to jog/run back to their spots he was the only guy to walk back. In the scrimmage drills he was terrible, one play he got bumped fighting for the ball and he just quit and stood there as the defenders kept going all out for the ball. I was even joking with nearby fans that I would be surprised if he didn't even make it to this afternoon's practice... Thats how bad he looked...LOL. And we cut JoJo for guys like this... :roll: ok ok I will move on... :P

#71 - Garrett McIntyre - He was very aggressive and quick, very explosive.

Well I'm sorry I didn't go into too much detail folks but I haven't slept yet(worked all night) and right now I'm struggling to keep my eyes open... Also thank god for spell check because I would look like a fool without it right now LMAO.

Oh and one last thing before I leave........... David Ball was a BEAST out there today! He made some crazy good catches! lol.

Forget Morreale, we have a new 18 in town!!! You heard it here first... :lol:

0 comments:

Ticats Run Over Lions 30-18 Part 1 of 2

I will post the other 2 Parts as Follow Monday part 2 Wednesday Part 3

Listen to Music will you read

Good bye to my Best Friend