Labor Day Classic 2009

Friday, October 12, 2007

Flick Goes to press again to bash Ticats.

Once again DJ Flick Bashes the Ti cat Management in the Press.
DJ was once one of my Favorite Players
Last year was his 2nd Off year as a Ticat.
Marcel had every right to ask for pay cut

They way it was handle was wrong IMO.
DJ should Brought into the office with his Agent
Told Face to Face that his Production did match his Salary.



Here How I would dose it.
If I was the Ticats GM
________________________________________________________
I would call DJ's Agent at Home not DJ Personally.
Said We need see you and Client up here next week
Due to The CFL's new SMS
We need to talk about his Contact with the Ticats.

Once they Arrived in Hamilton
I would have Brought Them into my office and Closed the door.

Then it would go down Something like this :

DJ the past two Seasons your Production is down and with The new SMS coming in
We need to talk about you taking a Pay cut.
At 1st I was looking at 40%
But I know you have a Family on way

So I am now looking at 25% Pay cut
on a new 2 year deal + an Option for a 3rd.
I will also add Incentives for you get pay cut to drop down to 20%
If you have so many TD and So many Catches.
The Contact will also Slide on a Scale with your Production the following years of the Deal.

If Your Production Goes up your pay dose too.
But if it Drops so dose your Pay
This has to be done cause of the new SMS and your Production the past two seasons.

Do you or your agent have any questions?

I hoping we can work on a Deal that help us both.
If not I will have to deal or Release you DJ.
This Team will be under the SMS this season.

Thank you for Your Time.
Look over deal we meet again in 2 weeks..
____________________________________________________________________
Now if this would have been handled in this way
DJ may still be a Ti cat.
we have to remember where Marcel is from.
This system has work in Montreal since it became the Al's
After a Move from Baltimore

In Montreal you Produce or Take pay cut or leave.
This what Jim Pop dose in Montreal and it works.
But it May not work here in Hamilton The same way.

I've never liked players that air Dirty Landry in Public.
it Unprofessional and shows no class.

Both Sides where Wrong here lets just leave it at that.

0 comments:

Ticats Run Over Lions 30-18 Part 1 of 2

I will post the other 2 Parts as Follow Monday part 2 Wednesday Part 3

Listen to Music will you read

Good bye to my Best Friend