Labor Day Classic 2009

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

This way To The Egress!



I learned a lot in Life From My Heroes
Some of my Hero have Taught me that showmanship and Controversy Is always good..
I am talking about P.T. Barnum and Howard Stern.
Both are showman and knew how to work an Crowd

Stern will say almost anything
His Sirius Satellite Radio Stations has Listeners on Two Stations Howard 100 and 101
This has got Him Legions of Fans and Tons of Money .
In Fact Cause Stern is Uncensored on This PPV Radio Stations
He can say Anything and get away it .
So more and more Tune in every day

Now P.T. Barnum was also a Showman
He was Howard Stern of his day with his side shows
People love to see Freaks and Oddities .

What dose have to do with Football and my Blog ?
will 1st let me tell you a Story .

BT packed people into his side shows they paid to go again and again to see the Freaks.
Yet, despite his ability to draw crowds to the halls and arenas he had specially constructed for his troupe of freaks, curiosities and wonders, Barnum had a serious problem. Once he collected their admission, he had difficulty getting the crowd to exit the building. So fascinated were the public in his sideshows, they wouldn't leave promptly, allowing the next group of customers to pay and enter.

Barnum, ever the brilliant manipulator of people, devised an "exit strategy" to help him keep the turnstiles going. On the rear exit door he painted the words, "This Way To The Egress!" in bold letters. His customers were not all sufficiently sophisticated to appreciate that the word "Egress" meant exit. So, Barnum's customers blithely passed through the door hoping to see the exotic, three-headed Egress that they were sure lurked on the other side. Only to see the been had once they went threw the door.


PT said This " There's a sucker born every minute"
It is generally taken to mean that there are (and always will be) a lot of gullible people in the world.
This How Barnum and Stern work a Crowd..
How Many People tune into Sterns show just see what He'll Say
Or what he have on his show. This also What Barnum did with his Side Shows.
I am Doing Same thing with my blog and My Post on The CFL and Ticats Fourms.
How many People come to see just what I'll Say Next or do ..


You tell me was PT was Right .

Ticats Run Over Lions 30-18 Part 1 of 2

I will post the other 2 Parts as Follow Monday part 2 Wednesday Part 3

Listen to Music will you read

Good bye to my Best Friend